Drone America

Water occupies 71% of the Earths surface, leaving us with only 29% of dry land to occupy. Why limit your operations area to only 29% of the planet?

Drone America has designed and manufactured a twin engine, fully amphibious UAS that has a distinct advantage over traditional aircraft since it can takeoff and land in almost any environment. We have designed the Ariel around a modular, low impact, aerodynamic, hydrodynamic hull that leverages the strength of advanced carbon fiber and composite materials to increase its structural load capability while reducing weight.

The Drone America Ariel series is a true innovation in UAS technology. Its large scale modular design gives the Ariel an unrivaled heavy payload capacity enabling it to preform and adapt to applications such as humanitarian aid, disaster relief, maritime patrol, quick equipment dispatch and fire suppression.

In its disaster relief role the Ariel is capable of acting as an airborne cell / communications relay while using powerful thermal imaging cameras and sensors that can be used to locate flood or maritime victims. The Ariel can then drop up to sixteen 9-13 person, air deploy-able self-inflating life rafts to aid those stranded in the water.

While the Ariel Mark2 has a significant role to fill, Drone Americas™ concept for the Ariel series also includes a larger production Ariel ScooperDrone UAS designed to fly preventative fire suppression missions. The Ariel Scooper Drone is adept at chasing storms providing live tracking of lightning strike locations with pin point accurate thermal image scans of each strike. In the event of a flareup the mission commander has the ability to deploy the Ariel as an initial air attack to suppress potential wild fires before they start. The Ariel Scooper Drone would have an 1,000 Gal 8,500 lbs. payload capacity, day and night capability. Designed as part of a squadron the Ariel Scooper Drone would provide autonomous fire attack and water scooping is our goal, where early detection and early suppression save lives, property and money.

The Ariel system can also be used to transport oil, diesel even water and dry supplies to remote locations when not being utilized as a fire air tanker. With a wide range of applications available, contact Drone America and lets explore how the Ariel Unmanned Aircraft System can be put to work for you.



The Ariel is completely modular for ease of storage and field maintenance. The main wings and sponsons fold to minimize its footprint to a small mission ready configuration.

Maritime Transport

Sea Based Infrastructure Support

Air Tanker

Ship to Shore Support

Emergency Management

With 350 lbs. of payload space, the Ariel is able carry supplies and equipment in emergency situations.

Disaster Relief

Over Water First Responder

Search and Rescue

Air Deploy Life Rafts


The Ariel and it’s payload(s) can be optionally configured for water landing and take-off operations.

Sea-life Management

Oceanic Survey

Arctic Field Support

Water Sampling


Wing-Span: 22 ft. (6.8 m)
Length: 16 ft. (4.8 m)
Empty Weight: 350 lbs. (158.7 kg)
Fuel Weight: 300 lbs. (136 kg)
AVG Payload Weight: 350 lbs. (158.7 kg)
Max Weight with Payload:: 1,000 lbs. (454 kg)
Endurance*: 10 hours +
Speed Range: 45 – 100+ mph
Average Flight Distance: 650 miles (1,046 km)
Max Altitude MSL**: 18,000 ft. (5,486 m)
Control Method: Laptop/Tablet/GCS
Takeoff and Landing: Traditional Landing Gear
Power System: Multifuel
Safety Systems: GPS / RF / ADS-B Tracking
Active Deployment Parachute
FAA Collision Avoidance Lighting
Military Grade Autopilot

*Flight time varies due to payload configurations, flight conditions, temperature and altitude.**Max Altitude is determined by flying conditions, engine selection, payloads and local flight laws.